The interviews are expected to take place on April 2021.
Nationality Preferred - Non-Asian, Algerian, British, Irani, Indo-European, GCC
Years of experience: 04-05 years
University of Stirling, RAK Campus seeks to recruit a receptionist to manage the campus front office area. The post holder will enhance our reputation by greeting & receiving the guests visiting us. It is essential for him/her to be pleasant at all time. The duties involve general office support such as emailing, making copies, filling. S/he will devolve with the Campus COO’s office, staffs, guests, students to receive & implement any related requests. Should be able to liaise with Housekeeping for any requests made and monitor them. Provide administrative support to all staffs.
- Serves visitors by greetings, welcoming & directing them appropriately.
- Attend & maintain visitors, pantry, items, postal requirements log registry.
- Cater to any Housekeeping requirements of staffs & guests.
- Maintain the reception area safe & clean.
- Supports continuity among work teams by documenting & communicating actions, irregularities & continuing needs.
- Maintain Transportation Database, Attendance list, etc.
- Maintain the Campus Address Book
- Maintain Request Application forms
- Respond to emails and any inquiries.
- Any requests devolved by the COO’s Office & Administration Department.
- Any relevant degree in the related discipline with relevant profile experience is an asset.
- Good in English / Arabic speaking, reading, writing.
- Multi language proficiency preferred.
- Telephone skills Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Handles pressure with presence of mind. Customer Focus & professionalism Familiarity with phone systems & Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills to understand client queries.
- Can suggest and where appropriate implement solutions appropriate to staffs / guest situations.
- Gathers facts and analyses situations in an objective & accurate manner.
Please note that given the need for flexibility to meet the changing requirements of the University, the duties and location of this post and the role of the post-holder may be changed after consultation. The balance of duties may vary over time and will be reviewed as part of the appraisal process.
The post holder should actively follow company policies and procedures aligned with the University guidelines.